Monday, June 24, 2013

Guest Blogger Week;A Peek Into My Paradise

Hiya 'Snappers! Welcome to day two in my guest blogger week! Today we have Miss Cathy from
A Peek Into My Paradise .  I met this lovely lady from my Tattler Thursday Blog Hop! She is a doll, and has a post all ready for you filled with yum yummies!  Thanks Miss Cathy!  Warning: she flashes people! Bahaha! My kinda gal! Wink! Hope you all enjoy!




Hi! I'm Cathy, from A Peek Into My Paradise. I am super excited to be guest posting for Ginger today! Thank you Ginger for having me! A little about me. I have been married to my husband Dave for 29 years. We have two grown children, 26 and 22. We recently joined the empty nest club. I am a Christian who loves to read, spoil my two Shih Tzu's, cook - bake - make anything with food, travel (we are HUGE Disney fans) and I have been known to flash people! I have been saving memories for years through photography and scrapbooking.

Through the years friends and family would ask me, "How did you do that?" or "Can I have the recipe?". In September of 2012, my first post went live on A Peek Into My Paradise. Over at my piece of the blogosphere, A Peek Into My Paradise, I share a little bit of everything; recipes (Lemonhead Cookies), scrapbooking (My Story of Us Album), Disneyland and Travel Tips (Popular Disneyland Post), DIY (Cinnamon Roll Wedding Cake) and so much more! I hope you will come visit me, pour yourself a cold drink, put your feet up, relax and check out my recipes, projects and take A Peek Into My Paradise.

During the summer months, May to October where I live, the temperature is typically over 90 degrees and spikes up to 100 degrees! If it's 85 outside that is a really nice day here! Often the humidity is high and our nights stay warm too. So, a cold smoothie for breakfast is perfect! I have a smoothie almost every morning. Don't have time to make a smoothie in the morning? I wouldn't either if I didn't pre-assemble smoothie packets and freeze them

I have collected quite a collection of favorites.  I love chocolate covered strawberries! Who doesn't like the luscious treat?! Yum! I'm not a fan of Nutella, probably because I'm not a fan of hazelnuts. However, I love this smoothie! I saw the idea a few years ago on some website, back when we used to print recipes and ideas, before I had Pinterest boards to pin them too! So, I wish I knew who to thank for sharing this awesome flavor splash with me! 



I can have a Strawberry Banana Nutella Smoothie 
made and served in less than 5 minutes - 
and that includes cleaning the Vita-Mix! 

Let's get to the recipe.....



Ingredients:
1/2 cup Greek Vanilla Yogurt (I freeze the yogurt into cubes)
1/2 cup nonfat milk
10-15 frozen Strawberries (depends on size and how much berry flavor you want)
2 Tablespoons of Nutella
2 Packs of Sweetner or 1 Tablespoon of Honey
1 Banana (I prefer a frozen banana. I freeze my ripe bananas in their peel)

Frozen ingredients make a smoothie thick like a milkshake. 
I use as many frozen ingredients as I can because I like my smoothies thick. 
If you prefer a thinner smoothie then use fresh fruits. 
If all you have is fresh fruits, no problem, 
just add ice cubes until the smoothie is the desired thickness! 


Prepare the smoothie in a blender or Vita-Mix. 

I have had a Vita-Mix for at least 10 years now. I love it! 
I bought it, from Costco, of course, as they have the best deal on this pricey little machine! 
You can save hundreds of dollars at Costco over the website price. 
In the first year of having the Vita-Mix the motor burnt out. 
I called Vita-Mix and they overnighted me a new base, free of charge, I didn't even pay postage! 
There was a return tag enclosed to return the bad base. 
I have never had another problem with this power appliance and 
we seriously use it almost everyday


Pour the milk in.
You always want to put liquid in the container first; 
that way the motor doesn't get overworked. 


Simply plop the remaining ingredients on top of the milk in the container.
 Put the lid on and blend until desired consistency.
If the smoothie is took thick then just add a little more milk. 
Play around with the ingredients until you find the perfect consistency you like. 


I put my morning smoothie in a to-go cup and enjoy it on my way to work.

I hope you enjoy this scrumptious morning treat as much as I do! 

I will be sharing my smoothie favorites over at A Peek Into My Paradise this summer.

I would love for you to come on over and visit me!

 If you like what you see, I invite you to A Peek Into My Paradise everyday! 

Just choose your favorite way(s) to become friends with me.....

Blog  *  Facebook  *  Bloglovin  *  Twitter  *  Google+  *  Instagram

Have a terrific week! Thanks again for having me Ginger!





No comments:

Post a Comment