Friday, October 12, 2012

Prayers for a Childhood Friend

As a child, I belonged to a wonderful youth group, The International Order of the Rainbow for Girls.  It is a Masonic affiliated youth group.  it teaches a belief in a higher being, and the basic truths of the bible; Love, Religion, Nature, Immortality, Fidelity, Patriotism, and Service.  It also teaches public speaking, leadership skills, and how to act like a lady.  It is an organization that is near and dear to my heart, as well as to my childhood friend.  I met her at Rainbow Camp, held at Camp Muffly in West Virginia.  It was my first camp experience in junior high school, and I made a friend who I have never forgotten.  She was sweet, smart, and funny. I found her again a couple of years ago on Facebook.  I was heartsick to learn she was fighting for her life.  She was battling lung cancer.  She has always been a non smoker.  I have followed her blog and Facebook posts religiously, and this year her cancer has not only returned, but it has popped up in different places.  She now has lung, brain, and spine cancer.  They also removed a tumor from her pituitary gland earlier this year, and she has been having female issues as well. She remains one of the most upbeat and positive people that I have had the pleasure of ever knowing!  She is truly a beautiful soul!        
   This morning I pulled up Facebook and was scrolling through my feed, when I saw that she was having surgery this morning to remove her spinal tumor.  This is a very dangerous procedure, and i would like to ask for prayers for her today, and in her battle with cancer.  She is also the author of a blog about her journey through cancer. Please check out her page for a truly uplifting journey through cancer!  Here is the link:
http://kristibadger76.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment